Is your employer trying to deny you the right to take time off to care for loved ones or recover from a medical problem? Expert Family & Medical Leave Act attorney George G. Romain can help.
Examples of Family & Medical Leave Act Violations
If your employer has violated the Family & Medical Leave Act or the California Family Rights Act in one of these ways, you may be able to bring a discrimination, retaliation or wrongful termination claim against them:
- Refusing to allow employees time off for:
- Surgery, illness, or other eligible medical reasons
- The birth or adoption of a new child
- The placement of a child in foster care
- Caring for a sick child, spouse, or parent
- Firing employees who ask for leave
- Failing to permit employees to return to the same or comparable position after leave
- Refusing to reinstate benefits after leave
- Subjecting employees who ask for leave to excessive workloads in an attempt to create a job performance issue that will be grounds for termination
- Engaging in constructive discharge tactics
Seeking Compensation in Family & Medical Leave Cases
In any type of family & medical leave case, it is necessary to establish that you have a valid reason to request the leave. The Law Office of George G. Romain can help you accomplish this through consultation with our own expert doctors or by helping to secure the necessary documentation from your own doctor. Next, we will help you gather evidence proving that your employer has taken an adverse action against you, and that action has caused you to suffer damages. The process can be complicated, but you will be in good hands with George G. Romain as your Family & Medical Leave Act attorney in southern California.
Why Choose George G. Romain as your Southern California Family & Medical Leave Act Attorney
Your Family & Medical Leave Act claim will be as unique as you are. At the Law Office of George G. Romain, we understand this. We never offer cookie-cutter legal strategies to our clients. Instead, we take the time to craft an effective, economical, personalized legal strategy to best suit the unique details of your situation. You can count on George G. Romain to explain your rights to you in detail and advise you honestly as to your best course of action. Call us today for a free initial phone consultation and find out more about how George G. Romain can help you as your southern California Family & Medical Leave Act attorney with no money up front.