Employment Law & Employer Representation
Employment laws are put in place to aid job creators and providers; protect their rights and that of their employees; and ensure that employers comply with state and federal law. If you’re an employer who is suddenly faced with any type of employment law concern, we urge you to seek the help of a professional whose experience in the field will be used to answer any questions you have, and guide you to doing what is right for your company.
The Law Office of George G. Romain protects the rights of employers by minimizing the risk of costly litigation. Possessed with the knowledge of state and federal employment laws, we provide timely and sound legal advice that can positively affect the outcome of your legal matter. Our firm represent employers in a wide range of industries.
Why Employers’ Rights & Goals Are Important to Us
Companies of all sizes, ranging from local start-up businesses to independent contractors, and even large corporations, are often faced with legal concerns they are not entirely familiar with. Putting your problems on the back burner won’t solve a problem you may be unfamiliar with when it comes to your employees.
Our attorneys recognize that profitable businesses are necessary for a successful economy, and that employers should not have to incur civil penalties or money judgments simply because they were unaware of what the law required of them at the time. By contacting our office you are able to obtain a free initial consultation so you’re not faced with unknown violations of the employment laws that could have been avoided or promptly remedied.
Employment Matters We Can Help You With
Some of the most common employment issues employers are faced with include:
- Developing employee handbooks that adequately protect the rights of the employer and their employees, without creating a contract of employment;
- Assessing and building effective processes of internal employee disciplinary and complaint investigations;
- Understanding and adhering to California’s wage and hour laws;
- Providing a workplace that is free from discrimination, harassment and retaliation;
- Implementing plans within the company’s human resources department to mitigate certain risks associated with separations of employment;
- Overseeing and protecting computerized and automated systems while mindful of employees’ right of privacy;
- Protecting company trade secrets and client lists without compromising fair competition laws ; and,
- Guiding the employer through employee benefits rules
These are just some examples of what we can help you with. Please contact the Law Office of George G. Romain for your initial free consultation. Click on the links below for more information.